Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To-Read List

Some of you may be wondering exactly which books I'll be tackling, and which books I've already read. The following list will be updated throughout the summer:

1. ULYSSES by James Joyce
2. THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. A PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN by James Joyce
4. LOLITA by Vladimir Nabokov
5. BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley
6. THE SOUND AND THE FURY by William Faulkner
7. CATCH-22 by Joseph Heller
8. DARKNESS AT NOON by Arthur Koestler
9. SONS AND LOVERS by D.H. Lawrence
10. THE GRAPES OF WRATH by John Steinbeck
11. UNDER THE VOLCANO by Malcolm Lowry
12. THE WAY OF ALL FLESH by Samuel Butler
13. 1984 by George Orwell
14. I, CLAUDIUS by Robert Graves
15. TO THE LIGHTHOUSE by Virginia Woolf
16. AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY by Theodore Dreiser
17. THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER by Carson McCullers
18. SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE by Kurt Vonnegut
19. INVISIBLE MAN by Ralph Ellison
20. NATIVE SON by Richard Wright
21. HENDERSON THE RAIN KING by Saul Bellow
22. APPOINTMENT IN SAMARRA by John O'Hara
23. U.S.A. (trilogy) by John Dos Passos
24. WINESBURG, OHIO by Sherwood Anderson
25. A PASSAGE TO INDIA by E.M. Forster

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive list. I really should do more reading myself.

CJ xx

Nikki Neurotic said...

I've read six of them so far. Best of luck on your endeavor.

http://thereaderslifecrisis.blogspot.com/

Alee said...

This is quite ambitious. I found you through the book blog hop, and I'm a new follower. Can't wait to follow your progress!

Unknown said...

Hi! Found you while hopping.

I've only read 2 of the books on your list. Sad to say, I didn't enjoy them. ;-)

~Niki~ said...

Just hoppin' by to say HI from Crazy 4 books hop! :)
~niki in az